Monday, March 5, 2012

Putting In The Miles

This weekend I had to work Saturday, so ride on Sunday with blustery winds, cold temps and several small snow squalls.  I had joined up with John and John (and later Rick) to ride cross, but I just didn't have it in my legs to stay with the faster guys.  I think I was still feeling the hard effort last weekend at Southern Cross.

So almost immediately I broke off from the small group and went my own way.  I managed to get in 62 miles with 5150' of climbing.  It was a slower day, though, only managing 14 mph.  The winds and cold temps made it tough, but mostly I was interested in LSD, not a hammerfest.   I did get my climbing and mileage in though, so it was a victory.  The roads were lovely.  A heavy rain on Thursday had tamped down the dust, but the roads had settled in to a perfect fast riding surface with hardly any mud.

Next weekend is the start of spring break.  I am hoping for at least 4 tough rides, half of them on a mountain bike on trails or in the mountains.  Maybe a trip to Lake Hope?  Maybe a trip to State College with the kids?   Maybe get two days off from work?  Spring Break is always full of hopeful ideas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment