Tuesday, February 1, 2011

All In


I am not a poker player -- I cannot lie/bluff well.   But this poker expression, all in, which means to commit all your resources to one outcome/hand, is surprisingly appropriate for bicycle racing.  Today I made the commitment to ride the Cohutta 100 ultra endurance mountain bike race.   I booked hotels, sent in an entry fee, and blocked the time off from work.   This is the point of no return -- my “all in” day.   Now all that is left is to put in the work to get ready for the event.  



Except that the circumstances have been especially challenging lately.  I just got back from a 4-day business trip (little time for workouts), am now nursing a cold, and today Ohio is experiencing an inch of ice as part of this latest massive snow storm.  

No comments:

Post a Comment