Monday, February 21, 2011

Winter Weather Trifecta

After Saturday's longer ride, I just wanted to go out yesterday for an easy 90 minute spin to loosen up the legs.  I waited till afternoon for things to warm up a bit and headed out the door shortly after lunch.  What I didn't know was that the weather was supposed to take a turn for the worse.

About 3 minutes into my ride, large snow flakes started falling.  Very large snowflakes!  Not many of them, but if you hit one of those suckers straight on it might make your head snap back.  Another 10 minutes later and it starts sleeting.  Pretty much throughout the whole ride it precipitated in some form.  There was one stretch that I will always remember where it was snowing, sleeting and raining all at the same time ... the winter weather trifecta.



My friend, T.F. who was supposed to go out with me, opted out at the last minute.  Obviously he was the smart one.  I picked this day to test my new camera; it is indeed waterproof (and sleet proof, and mud proof, etc.).

No comments:

Post a Comment