Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Back Home

I confess that I do not discriminate in my choice of two-wheeled transportation.  For the last several years, I've enjoyed the companionship of a dual-sport motorcycle.   It is actually a KLR650, a budget level adventure bike.  I've taken it down numerous dirt roads, across creeks, over dirt mounds, and explored countless backroads.   I must admit it is very fun.  Different than a bicycle, but still enormously important in my repertoire of stress-reducers.  I haven't ridden my motorbike much this past year as I've been focussing on bicycles, and there are only so many hours in the day.  When I have a few free hours to spare, the pedaling kind of bike has been winning out.  


Back in November, I dropped GreenZilla (my name for it) off at the shop to get serviced.  It needed a new rear tire and the fork-oil changed ... familiar territory in bicycle maintenance.  It was a chilly 25 degrees when I rode it home.  If you know what windchill feels like at 15-20 mph on a bicycle, you can guess how that feels at 55mph.   But it is now safely back in the shed with battery tender in place waiting for warmer days.

No comments:

Post a Comment