Sunday, November 1, 2015

No TransIowa This Year

The lottery for rookie entries in TransIowa was held last night.  I didn't make it.  It really never occurred to me that I wouldn't be racing 340 miles of Iowa gravel next April.  It was really a shock!  I'm kind of dumbfounded, really.

There were about 40 spots for rookie entrants this year.  I was #18 in sending in my postcard.  For most of October, there were more spots than entrants.  Then in the last week quite a few postcards filtered in.  All in all, 73 of us were vying for those coveted 40 spots.  Still my odds were greater than 50-50.  I just assumed I would be in.  And then I wasn't.  I am majorly bummed.  

Things have to come together in just the right way in order to want to tackle this race.  I am holding awesome late-summer form well through the fall.  I have a 150 ultra snowbike race in January.  All the things were aligning for a great run at the TI course and challenge.  And now it all falls apart.

I have to scramble to find something else for motivation.  Maybe I'll travel to southern Utah in March for the True Grit 100 mile mtn bike race.  It is supposed to be ultra technical with tons of climbing.  I like both. 

No comments:

Post a Comment