Thursday, May 9, 2013

New Albany Ride

My training buddies have been bugging me forever to join the Thursday night New Albany speed ride.  I finally gave in to the peer pressure and went out tonight.  I rode the 17 miles over there from Granville at a very easy spinning pace.  I gave myself enough time to hit a convenience store and get some cool liquids in me. 

I went with the B group, sized at about 30-40 riders.  We hit rolling backroads through Licking County over to the edge of Granville.  The pace was brisk, I think we were at 23mph average before making the turn back into the wind.  Even after the climb up Jersey Mill, we were still above 22mph.  What was really impressive is that young Anthony (10 years old) was hanging with the group well.

This kind of thing is good for me.  That burst of speed and recover.  That interval training.  All that is missing from my mostly steady diet of longer rides.  If I can do a bunch more of these rides, it should help my fitness considerably.


No comments:

Post a Comment