Friday, October 12, 2012

Fatbike Adventure in Hocking Hills

It is funny, but about this time each year I get the hankering for a fatbike adventure.  It isn't anything necessarily planned, but maybe coming off the high volume racing season my body and mind are ready for a different kind of riding and I naturally gravitate towards the fatbike and its relaxed, go anywhere, mentality.


Fatbike Adventure Ride Following the Buckeye Trail from Matt Kretchmar on Vimeo.

This year I made a trip south of the Hocking Hills region to follow segments of the Buckeye Trail that were rideable.   It had rained heavily the day before so the going was kind of wet and muddy in places; glad I brought the Mukluk.   I logged four hours of riding time with about 40 miles of exploration.  A fun day indeed.

My sister has caught the fatbike bug too.  She has a 2013 Pugsley on order through her local shop.  I've been sending her links to videos, ride reports and photos to torment her while her bike still hasn't yet arrived.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment